Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Are you Bitter or Better?

Sunday Sermon
May 17th 2009
Rhema Community Church

Sermonic Skeleton

Sermonic Scripture: ESV Ruth 1:19-22 So the two of them went on until they came to Bethlehem. And when they came to Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them. And the women said, "Is this Naomi?" 20 She said to them, "Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. 21 I went away full, and the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi, when the LORD has testified against me and the Almighty has brought calamity upon me?" 22 So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabite her daughter-in-law with her, who returned from the country of Moab. And they came to Bethlehem at the beginning of barley harvest.

Sermonic Theme: The Providence of God (God will provide)

Sermonic Subject: The Grace of God. (Stop grumbling over Grace)

Sermonic Tension: God is good however, life maybe bitter. (How do you handle life when you think God is being bitter towards you?)

Sermonic Sentence: Glorifying God is the antidote to bitterness.

Sermonic Structure:

I. If you desire to be better and not bitter acknowledge you are human (Verse 19)

II. If you desire to be better and not bitter acknowledge you are hurt (Verse 20)

III. If you desire to be better and not bitter acknowledge you have help (Verse 21)

IV. If you desire to be better and not bitter acknowledge you have hope (Verse 22)

2 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Well preach a while reverend,

Owens

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Great preaching my brother!