Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Spirit of the Lord

Sunday Sermon
June 13th 2010
Rhema Community Church

Sermonic Skeleton

Sermonic Pericope: ESV Luke 4:18-19 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Sermonic Theme: The Spirit of the Lord. (The ministry of Jehovah)

Sermonic Subject: Rejection (The first rejection at Nazareth)

Sermonic Tension: People are poor, captive, blind, and oppressed. (Sin and Satan causes people to reject the message and the messenger of Good news.)

Sermonic Sentence: The proclamation of good news is the Lord’s solution for humanities sin. (The life, death, burial, resurrection, ascension and soon return of Jesus Christ.)

Sermonic Question: Are you sharing the good news with people as you go? (Evangelism)

Sermonic Point: People need to hear good news. (The spiritual and physical needs of people both matter to the Lord. Is this liberation theology?)

Sermonic Refrain: You can do nothing without the Spirit of the Lord. (People may reject you however, the Lord has already accepted you.)

Sermonic Title: “THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD”

Sermonic Sub-title: Preaching ain’t easy

Sermonic Structure:

I. THE LORD AFFIRMS JESUS PUBLICALLY (The Spirit of the Lord is upon me)

II. THE LORD ANOINTS JESUS FOR PREACHING (Good news)

III. THE LORD ASSIGNS JESUS TO PEOPLE (Poor, captives, blind, and oppressed…etc.)

2 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Ok,if the bat cave produces works like this, can I tour the bat cave, I don't need to know the origins or operation of the cave, can I just experience some of the opportunities of the bat cave. Good look preacher,

Keep running,

Owens

Fitts said...

God bless you my bro. I miss reading your post. Looks like you knocked it out of the park.

Great work preacher.