Sunday, November 2, 2008

THE SUMMER OF "83"

I couldn’t stop staring at her it was one hot August Sunday afternoon in Smithdale Mississippi at the Rose Hill Baptist Church were the famous gospel quartet groups “The Williams Brothers” & “The Jackson Southernaires” family attended.

Church was packed people were shouting lifting their hands and voices in exaltation to the Lamb. However, I was caught up in the essence of her (heaven help me).

I tried with everything within me to look away but something deep down within me kept drawing me back to her face. The benediction was given she went her way and I went mine thinking to myself that I’ll never see her again.

Not knowing that the providence of God was already at work so, I boarded a plane headed back to California to start my academic year. And whose face did I see when I open the door to my first period science class?

Now I’m not a prophet nor am I a son of a prophet but that particular day I took that as a sign. We later on got married and today we are celebrating 17 years of wonderful marriage.

May the Lord God bless us to have seventeen more wonderful years of marriage.

Happy Anniversary Baby!

NLT Matthew 19:6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one separate them, for God has joined them together."

Ron

7 comments:

HALLELUJAH said...

Pastor

The Bible says - Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Proverbs 18:22


Happy Anniversary!!!

GOD Bless~~~

Reginald C. Payne said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO JAIME AND YOU FOR 17 YEARS THE BOTH OF YOU ARE A WONDERFUL COUPLE. AND WE PRAY MANY MORE GOD BLESS HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Fitts said...

Brother, this is a very powerful picture of the providence of God.

Congradulations to you and your wife.

DeAntwan

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Congratulations. May the Lord bless you with many more!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary "Prophet"..lol
May the Lord continue to honor your beautiful union for at least another 17 years.
Congratulations!

Be Encouraged.

Tony R.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your beloved wife. Enjoy!

Clinton Smith said...

Happy belated Anniversary to you and Jaime.