Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Providence of God

Sunday Sermon
December 14, 2008
Rhema Community Church

Sermonic Skeleton

Sermonic Scripture: ESV Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Sermonic Sentence: My God will fully and freely supply every one of your needs.
(Philippians 4.11; 13; 16; 18 and verse number 19)

Sermonic Tension: My God will fully and freely supply all of your NEEDS not your WANTS.
The Apostle Paul is in prison however, all of his needs are met.

Sermonic Point: God will provide. (This text teaches us that God controls our circumstances)

Sermonic Background: PROVIDENCE from the Latin providere, “to provide.” The word “providence” occurs in the Bible once Acts 24.2. It refers, however, to three biblical concepts: (1) In theology, providence is the general foresight, love, and care of God for people.
Romans 8.28 Providence can also refer to the idea that (2) God has divinely ordained or preordained certain events, or that (3) the universe is under God’s control so that ultimately good will be produced.

Sermonic Structure:

I. My God will provide you with multiple Relationships (And my God)
a. God has given us Heavenly Relationships
b. God has given us Human Relationships
c. God has given us Healthy Relationships

II. My God will put you in a place to Receive (Will supply every need of yours)
a. All of our needs are designed by God
b. All of our needs are fully and freely supplied by God

III. My God has plenty of Riches (According to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus)
a. According to His riches in Glory
b. According to His riches in Christ Jesus

5 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

A flat out preaching beast!!!! Great job Pastor Ronald.

Lance

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Pastor,

As simple as it may sound, I just shouted when I read God will put you in the place where you can receive. We spend all of our time trying to place ourselves and end up out of position. Thank you sir for the post.

Keep running,

Owens

Clinton Smith said...

I just got through writing my Year End Review for our church conference in January. I explained that one of the verses that kept me personally was Philippians 4:19. I concur "God will take care of you!" Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know He's alright!

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Revun, you are a major preacher! Do you have any room for me to teach a Sunday School class?

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Pastor Ron,

As always, your preaching prowess is a joy to behold. Stay the course!