Monday, March 16, 2009

Armed & Dangerous

Sunday Sermon
March 15, 2009
Rhema Community Church

Sermonic Skeleton

Sermonic Scripture: ESV Ephesians 6:17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

Sermonic Subject: Spiritual Warfare

Sermonic Theme: The Word of God (The sword is a symbol of faith, strength, charity and justice.) Biblical knowledge is power.

Sermonic Sentence: The word of God is a weapon to the saint who rages war against the devil. (Receive the Spirits Sword which is the word of God)

Sermonic Tension: Live by the sword; Die by the sword. NLT Matthew 26:52 "Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will be killed by the sword.

Sermonic Cross Reference: NJB Matthew 4:4 But he replied, 'Scripture says: Human beings live not on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'

ESV Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

ESV Isaiah 65:12 I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because, when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes and chose what I did not delight in."

ESV Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

NLT Ephesians 5:18 Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.

NIV Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Sermonic Structure:

I. I am armed and dangerous when I receive God’s word
a. Receive God’s word by hearing doctrinally sound sermons
b. Receive God’s word by a personal study of the scriptures
c. Receive God’s word by intentionally sharing it with someone


II. I am armed and dangerous when I retain God’s word
a. Retain God’s word by setting it to memory
b. Retain God’s word by scriptural meditation


III. I am armed and dangerous when I respond in obedience to God’s word
a. Obey God’s word with your lips
b. Obey God’s word with your life
c. Obey God’s word with your legacy


Unfortunately, I was unable to finish my sermon on yesterday all God allowed me to do was give the title, the introduction and the general outline. I was only able to complete the first principle and sub-point a. in section one. If God’s grace allows I’ll complete it this coming Lord’s DayArmed & Dangerous pt. IIWhat a joy to Preach at Rhema Community Church.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ronald, great series of messages on Spiritual Warfare. Must have been one of those days that it just got good to you out the shoot and you couldn't turn it loose?

Keep at it man and may the Lord honor your earnest and eager efforts to exegete his word.
God be praised!

Tony R.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Doctor!!!! I may have to borrow this series my friend. I'll make sure you get the credit. This is powerful and prolific preaching my brother! Thank God for the mind He has given you.

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Armed and Dangerous is a great description of this preacher that I am learning about in Southern California. He is a bad man, bless you sir for sharing your gifts with us.

Keep running,

Owens

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Another Home Run from the Bat Man of the pulpit!!!!

Lance

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

One question:

Are there any openings in the bat cave?

As always great outline! God is continuously blessing you and Rhema for your faithfullness to His Word!

Clinton Smith said...

Awesome! Don't fly solo to the bat cave anymore, Batman had Robin with him.